Engineering company seeking a Buyer with proven electrical experience to join their Dublin-based team.
In the role of Buyer, you will oversee the management of all purchasing processes relating to electrical equipment required by the business for allocated projects. You will manage all aspects of supplier relationships, including the identification/ qualification of potential suppliers, negotiation of contracts, and regular performance reviews. You will be required to communicate regularly with cross-functional colleagues to ensure the equipment required is readily available guaranteeing projects remain on schedule. Additionally, you will liaise with accounts payable to ensure any invoice queries that arise relating to your category are addressed in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a purchasing/buying position with electrical & construction working knowledge and relevant qualifications. You will work 8-hour shifts, Monday to Friday, and will be compensated with a competitive salary based on experience.
- Oversee the purchasing processes for equipment required in your allocated projects
- Negotiate supplier contracts
- Ensure best cost is achieved
- Communicate regularly with the Project Manager and Engineers to ensure that required equipment is available as per the project schedule
- Manage all aspects of electrical supplier relationships, including- identification, negotiations, and performance reviews
- Remain up to date with market trends
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar buying position
- Experience in an electrical engineering and construction environment
- Third-level qualification in a related field
- IIPMM, CIPS, or equivalent certification
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent IT proficiency including Excel and SAP
- Good eye for detail
What to do next