Role: Materials Planner
Salary: €42k - €45k per annum
Duration: Permanent, full-time
Location: Co. Louth
Benefits: Healthcare & Hybrid Working
Successful machinery manufacturing company based in Louth is seeking a Materials Planner to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. In this role you will be responsible for the end-to-end inventory management of raw materials within a high-volume busy manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for planning component availability for the production of machinery ensuring uninterrupted production through the elimination of potential shortages.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience of material planning/inventory control in a manufacturing setting, preferably with a 3rd level qualification in a relevant area of study such as Supply Chain Management/Business/Engineering You will be a highly analytical individual with strong influencing and communication skills and an in-depth understanding of supply chain processes.
- Work with Procurement and Supply Chain Planning managers to set inventory levels and parameters.
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory plans and parameters
- Monitoring inventory controls and works to deliver inventory control procedures (e.g. cycle counts, stock takes, quality assurance etc)
- Manages with planning and procurement teams for the relevant master data
- Supports procurement in managing raw material supplier lifecycle
- Working with Procurement, Planning, Production teams and Vendors to drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with suppliers on a daily basis.
- Technical understanding of parts within the machinery industry
- Prior experience (3 + years) across inventory management/material planning etc.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Supply Chain Management/Business/engineering etc.
- High level of Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and perform under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Team building, collaboration, problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer focused with a continuous improvement mindset
What to do next:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’. For more information and a confidential discussion on this role or other opportunities, contact Sarah via sarah @ tdtalent . ie