Role: Procurement Coordinator
Benefits: On-site Parking, Pension Contribution
Consumable production company is seeking a Procurement Coordinator to join their fast-paced, Waterford-based team.
As Procurement Coordinator, you will have a hands-on role in the procurement and logistical requirements of the company. You will liaise with cross-functional colleagues such as the Production Manager in the creation of production schedules that will reflect the availability of resources as well as customer requirements. Additionally, you will maintain a clear line of communication with clients to ensure that orders are delivered within the agreed timeframe, while also ensuring the performance of logistical partners is of the correct standard. You will complete monthly stock checks to ensure stock levels are adequate for the upcoming production schedule. On a daily basis, you will liaise with warehouse personnel to ensure that inventory levels are tracked and updated on the in-house system.
The ideal candidate will come from a production background and have proven experience in a supply chain, procurement, or logistics role as well as having relevant qualifications. You will be based at the company’s Waterford location and will work Monday to Friday, 8-hour shifts.
- Liaise with cross-functional colleagues to outline production plans and demand forecasts
- Coordinate with clients to ensure agreed deadlines are being upheld
- Oversee supplier relationships, ensuring purchasing and delivery performance is maintained
- Assist the Production manager in the creation of production schedules to reflect available resources
- Ensure stock levels reflect the production demands
- Communicate regularly with Warehouse personnel in relation to stock levels
- Liaise with hauliers and logistical partners ensuring that outbound orders are delivered within the agreed timeframe
- Assist with the remedy of any supply chain or scheduling issues that may arise
- Complete monthly stock checks, implementing the appropriate strategic plan
- Provide support as required for varying projects across the company
- Proven experience within production in a supply chain, procurement, or logistics role
- Relevant qualifications in a related field
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to prioritise and multitask as required by the production schedule
- Strong proficiency in IT skills Microsoft Excel and SAP in particular
What to do next:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’. For more information and a confidential discussion on this role or other opportunities, contact Sarah Dermody via email email@example.com